Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Toto I don't think that we are in Kanas anymore

A long day on the road again. 743 miles and we pulled into Russ & Leslie's at 9:45pm.

Nothing broke. All ran well. MO, Kansas and then CO. The only excitement was fuelling towards the end. Back in KS JL pulled over and poured in his 5 gallon jerry can. We proceed. The first town in CO on US 36 had a ratty gas station, There were others on the map and I knew that JL had a 150 mile range, so we pushed on. I was low on fuel. The next town, Joes, didn't have fuel. Being concernerd I querried the GPS. There was a Sinclair at the next town (Cope). It was closed and had been closed for a while. Maybe years. Dora was bouncing on the E line and JL wasn't too far beind. The GPS showed fuel to the north, east and south, none east. 22 miles to next town. THen 20 ish to the next then 20ish to "Last Chance". Or it was 26 miles down south to I-70. We were prudent and selected I-70. I drove slow and easy on the fuel. 50 mph in OD. On the last hill Dora cut out, but relit. Soe coaching got her the next 1/2 mile. But with the gas station in sight--just on the other side of the freeway, I used the last of my fuel. JL got fuel for me and we loaded. If I had the energy to pop onto the overpass, I could have coast into the fuel station. Oh well. Dora can take 25.3 gal of fuel onobard. Other than that nothing really to report. Beer and steaks at the Wilsons. Those that skipped lost out.

At last report NJLR had cleared Denver and were heading to either Goldon or Eagle for the night. Bill Fishel had met up with them at some point, but was planning on sleeping in Denver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home